Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vasquez Mexican Food Cart - Milbridge Maine


This afternoon Scott and I decided to take a drive, which is not unusual for us on beautiful sunny days.  We travelled Route 1 to Milbridge to try the Vasquez families food cart which can be found at the end of High Street in Milbridge.  We were met with a brightly painted camper adorned with handwritten menuboards.  When we arrived the three picnic tables were full and several other patrons were waiting for their food.  I must admit the aesthetics were a tad offputting but the aroma was to die for!  Scott ordered a chicken burrito and I ordered a chicken quesadilla supreme which included sour cream.  We waited just a few minutes and then were called to pick up our selections.  We hurried back to our picnic table and dressed our food with two sauces that were on the picnic tables, a salsa verde with a bit of warmth and a red sauce that packed quite a punch after it romanced you with a warm spice like cumin.  It appears that the tortillas were handmade because they were a little heaftier than we had had in commercial tortillas.  After the first fresh cilantro infused bite we smiled at one another.......we spent less than $12.00 including 2 waters and had an amazing lunch!  Don't let location and looks fool you...this place is a treasure! 

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed a sign for that the last time I was down this way and I really wanted to stop but everyone was tired and cranky. Next time, I'll go! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way there tomorrow!
    -Jared McCannell

    ReplyDelete